
The purple and yellow diamonds were intriguing and became the starting point. The trick was to determine a stitch that would not add bulk and lay fairly flat but also show off the shape. Again, using the KISS method, a straight stitch following the painted area seemed the best choice. I counted the area and discovered that it was an even count, so the center would need to stay open. The threads used were Splendor S881 and S909 in a 4-ply. The lengths of each of the side triangles were to be the same. The stitching direction was also important. To emphasize the dimensions, the top and bottom triangles were stitched horizontally and the sides were stitched vertically.
I wanted the dome to look like roof tiles with a touch of sparkle. The stitch used was Old Florentine in Splendor S872 in a 4-ply and Frosty Rays Y360 in backstitch as an accent.
The stripes were easy to stitch because they were small and shouted horizontal straight stitch. The blue area was in Threadworx 010241. Since this is an overdyed thread and I didn't want a stripe appearance, I took 6 ply, separated them, and then reversed 3 plies to create a tweedy effect. The purple area was in Petite Sparkle Rays PS42.
And as always, the stitch guide:

I love it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much I can't wait till the next update! :)
ReplyDeleteLaura