Sunday, September 6, 2009

Color patterns




I wanted to continue working with the same purple that was used in the blue arch so I knew that color was used in all of its necessary places. Determining the next area to be stitched required some color pattern analysis. There are several shades of magenta and purple in the piece, as well as greens. I followed the use of the same purple and discovered that the piece can be divided into 3 panels based on color repetitions.

  • In the left panel, the darker greens repeat as well as the medium magenta.
  • In the center panel, the blue and yellow square background repeats.
  • In the right panel, the magenta of the domes repeats.
The magenta/purple in the blue arch repeats in the diamond pattern of the minaret. So...this will become the next area to stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment