Saturday, September 12, 2009

Zigzag tower

Continuing the color theme, I decided to follow the dark green and headed to the Zig Zag tower where the green repeats in a band.  The main focus in the tower is the actual zig zag so that became the starting point. After hunting thru my books for ideas, I thought that a straight gobelin with some sparkle in the blue area and a brick stitch for the teal would be good.  I guessed wrong.  Here is that result:

The blue was nice, but the teal looks too busy.  So it became rip-it, rip-it.










I started over with the keep it simple method using a straight gobelin for the teal.  Here is that result:

 Definitely a better result!  The blue was a Silk Lame and the teal was a Pebbly Perle.  These threads gave some vertical accents and a little puffiness.  The next step...finish the zig zag tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment