Finishing the rest of the zigzag tower was fun! For the windows' wall, Splendor was used for a random length split gobelin. I thought by varying the lengths it would look more like stucco. To create a smoother look, the needle came up thru the stitch above. This helps remove the "dimpled" look. The green band needed to match the color tones of the adjacent candle minaret. Using the same threads as the minaret, a scotch stitch was used with each alternating square reversing the slant direction. The tie was done with the Kreinik Fine #8 braid crossing over the completed scotch stitch. The overall effect repeated the zigzag. The last area stitched was the tower top which I wanted to look like a beacon. Again using the KISS method, the yellow was stitched with Flair in a straight stitch and the blue was stitched with Fyre Works. To help smooth out the rough edges between the yellow and blue, a backstitch in blue was used.
Here is the stitching guide:
And here is the progress report:
Laura came running down to my office after school today. Mom, you have to look at my tallis. Wait until you see what she did! She loves it. Thank you with all our heart!
ReplyDeleteI am really thrilled that Laura is loving her tallis!!
ReplyDeleteAunt Judy I love the tallis so far. It's great I love the colors.
ReplyDelete